Wedding favors are conventional. They come from Europe several years back as a thoughtful method of saying thank you to guests.
Wedding event shower favors do not trace their roots back as far, however are a growing custom. Little trinkets that are hand-made or purchased need to be picked for their ability to convey your thanks.
Wedding event shower prefers of seed packages are a innovative and economical way to convey that thank you. No matter what time of year you have your wedding shower, seed packages selected from one of the groups below will be proper.
Bird Seed Packets
In lots of countries, wedding guests generally throw rice at the young couple as they hurry towards a waiting automobile. Rice was a sign of fertility, and although many individuals never thought of that, the fun of assailing the couple with handfuls of the grain prevailed.
Bird seed began to take the place of rice when it was discovered that rice might be unsafe to birds that stroked in to clean up after the wedding.
Wedding event shower favors of seed packages, comprised of bird seed, are a way of telling friends ahead of time that you want to care for the birds.
How to Prepare Wedding Shower Favors of Bird Seed
Friends or bridesmaids providing the wedding event shower can purchase wedding shower favors of seed packages prepared filled– or make them by hand.
- Begin with small toss pouches made from tulle. Pre-made toss pouches may be acquired in a variety of colors. Or make your own tulle toss pouches. Match the colors to the wedding event color pattern, or use a rainbow of pastel colors. Bird seed throw pouches are generally about 3″ x 4″, closed on top with a drawstring in a coordinating color.
Wedding event shower prefers of seed packages can be filled with your own special blend of bird seeds that will appeal to the birds present at that season. Or purchase mixed bird seed at your local garden or hardware shop.
- Attach tags that invite good friends to carry the favors to the wedding event and toss the bird seed in place of rice.
Flower Seed Packets
Wedding shower favors of seed packets are particularly great for a garden wedding. The bridal shower can be themed as the wedding will be, and flower seeds utilized as wedding event shower prefers.
Any wedding shower style, nevertheless, can be enhanced by the idea of planting forget-me-nots or daisies. Welcome guests to plant the seeds and view the bride-to-be and groom’s love for one another grow and blossom if you select daisies. If forget-me-nots are your choice, suggest that they be planted as a tip that even though the bride is starting a brand-new life, old friends remain dear.
How to Prepare Wedding Shower Favors of Flower Seed
To make wedding shower favors of seed packets, follow these guidelines.
- Buy flower seeds wholesale.
- Wrap appropriate quantities of seed in cellophane, or pour seeds into 2″ x 3″ clear poly bags offered in craft stores.
- Tie the mini bags with ribbon in colors to match your theme.
- Attach a little dried flower or silk flower for an accent.
- Using pastel or white colored company card stock, print out directions for planting the seeds.
- Attach a business card to each of the bags.
Wedding shower prefers of seed packages can also be acquired. Some are covered in clear plastic with an appropriate bridal shower label. Others are packaged in the usual envelopes, with a special wedding event sticker label.
Matchbook Wedding Shower Favors of Seed Packets
This special wedding event shower favor captured our eye while searching the Internet.
- Each seed package looks like a big matchbook.
- Inside is stapled a packet of wildflower seeds that attract butterflies.
- The matchbooks step approximately 2 1/4″ X 3 1/2″ and are printed on glossy photo paper.
- The back of each matchbook includes a word of thanks with an invitation to plant the seeds as a memory of the wedding.
A Lasting Tradition
Not that many years ago, there was a wedding event custom of seeds. Family members of both groom and bride wanted to make certain the young couple had seeds to plant for food, so each household passed on a few of their household garden seeds, making sure that the new garden would be worthwhile and complete. It was a great tradition then, and could well become a long lasting custom.
Bird seed throw pouches are typically about 3″ x 4″, closed at the leading with a drawstring in a matching color.
Wedding shower prefers of seed packets can be filled with your own unique mix of bird seeds that will appeal to the birds present at that season. Wedding shower prefers of seed packets can also be acquired. Not that lots of years back, there was a wedding custom of seeds. Loved ones of both bride and groom desired to be sure the young couple had seeds to plant for food, so each family passed on some of their household garden seeds, ensuring that the brand-new garden would be complete and fruitful.